You are invited to submit your abstract in Oral communication, E-posters, Videos, or Photo Gallery for the 19th Emirates Society of Ophthalmology Conference, which will be held on 28 –30 October 2021 at Conrad Abu Dhabi Etihad Towers, United Arab Emirates.
Abstracts will be selected whether oral or E-poster presentation depending on the number and quality of abstracts received. Accepted Videos and Photos will be presented digitally.
Abstracts submissions are open until August 1st, 2021 18:00 (GMT +4).
Any abstract received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Upon completion of the evaluation of the abstract, an ‘Accepted’ or ‘Rejected’ message will be sent to the authors by email, approximately 14 days after the deadline for submission.
- Cornea and Refractive
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
General Abstract guidelines:
All submitted abstracts must be in English
– The content of the abstract is the responsibility of the author. During submission, it must clearly indicate the name of the presenting author, who is considered to be the contact person for all correspondence of the submitted abstract.
– All submitted abstracts need to have the names and surnames of all co-authors, along with their positions in their affiliated institutions.
Title & Length:
– A poster abstract must have a short, specific title (no abbreviations) that clearly indicates the nature of the investigation.
It is encouraged that the title is set to attract the attendees and to give a hint after the investigation.
– All abstracts should not exceed 300 words.
A well-written poster abstract has the following identified sections:
1. Background/objectives: a brief introduction: states the problem which you are addressing.
The introduction should include a background of 1-2 statements followed by the objectives of the investigation.
2. Design and methods: the methodologies, number of subjects/patients who are tested and scientific approach used to conduct the research.
3. Results: it is expected that the authors present data that supports their conclusion.
Tables and graphs should include explanatory captions.
4. Conclusions: overall outcome of the research should be mentioned clearly and not less than two statements.
5. Citation: a reference list and acknowledgments, if applicable
Tips in writing your E-poster:
– Make the title dynamic and conclusive, rather than descriptive.
– Identify your submission category carefully to assure proper consideration.
– Use generic names, trade names only when necessary.
– Avoid beginning sentences with numerals.
– Standard abbreviations may be used without definition. Nonstandard abbreviations should be placed in parentheses after the first use of the word or phrase abbreviated.
– No references, credits or grant support should be included in the poster abstract.
– No identifying information about patients participating in a study or trial should be used.
– Proofread poster abstracts carefully to avoid errors before submission. No corrections will be allowed or made once the poster abstract has been submitted.
1. Abstracts are to be submitted online only.
2. Scientific E-Posters with new scientific material.
3. All sub-specialties within ophthalmology are accepted.
4. Electronic Posters must be uploaded as Portrait PowerPoint Files (PPT or PPTX only). Maximum of 12 PowerPoint Slides (file size of maximum 50 MB)
5. Font should be no smaller than 18 points.
6. Use the template and background for the ESO2021 conference that will be delivered to you.
7. Use clear headings and leave spaces between sections.
8. Pictures and graphics should be clearly labelled, well described and with good quality.
9. Text should not be obscured by images.
10. Remember that simpler posters are always more attractive and easier to read.
11. Do not fit too much information on one slide.
12. E-Posters should contain no video clips/animation files.
13. All the submitted E-Posters will be subjected to an evaluation process.
1. The same abstract guidelines apply as above.
2. The video should start with the name of the society and author (s).
3. Duration of the video should not exceed one and a half minutes.
4. The complete URL of the video must be submitted through the upload link that will be offered by ESO2021and its link added to the submission form.
5. The video formatting should be as follows: ratio is 16:9 and screen resolution 1080P (1980x1080) as .m4v, .mp4 or .mov formats
These images will be selected to be exhibited in ESO 2021.
The images should deliver interesting information and updated knowledge in the field of Ophthalmology.
Specific guidelines for Photo Gallery Abstract:
1. Indication of taking these specific images
2. Brief Description of images
3. The tool used to take the images without mentioning the company name
4. Date of taking the images
These images will be displayed in our photo gallery areas.